Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I am adjusting to life post-epigraphs. I had hoped to just put them out of my mind immediately, but it seems it will take a day or two to recover from the process of waking, thinking about how this epigraph relates to that epigraph, how they both relate to the Jewish plot, and - so forth. Plus, being "epigraph-free" makes me sound like I had a rash.

You should see print out of all the epigraphs and quotations in Daniel Deronda. Lines going everywhere. John Nash has nothing on me.

I'm celebrating. I had a hamburger earlier today. I think I'm going to go wild and see if my body can handle a milkshake.

(Oh, and I'm pleased that Häagen Dazs has released a new flavour of icecream that raises awareness about the world's dying honeybee populations. I've been worried about the honeybees for quite a while now. But I seem to have been the only one. Admittedly, most people probably didn't take multiple excursions to "The Honey Pot" near Coffs Harbour in their childhoods, to learn about bees AND taste many, many types of honey, but still... We don't know why they're dying. And it's not just a problem because of the honey... Now icecream lovers everywhere can share the concern.)